Magi Azul - Caribe Beach House


Enjoy my family's adventure living on a Caribbean island as they build a boutique vacation beach house. Get a peek at island living and join me in some mischievous musings!


Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hasta Luego Isla

We leave in 4 days and I am so bummed about it. It has taken me awhile to get into the swing here. The first 2 months were sooo blasted hot and living in one room was such an adjustment. But now the weather is perfect, I've adjusted to my "family room," and we have made several new friends. Even the building has taken off now that the seawall and infill are done. The walls will start going up rapido right when we are leaving! Don't get me wrong if you are my mother reading this. I do miss my family, I just wish we were having Thanksgiving here! Hey turkey tacos don't sound that bad- do they!? I guess that doesn't sound appealing. I am going to miss watching Sophia and Zoe laughing and playing in the ocean, beautiful balmy sunsets, and fish tacos at Bally Hoo's. I am already mourning the loss of evening strolls to get helados (ice cream) from Jose, a coke from Chevy, and chatting with locals as we pass. I am even going to miss Jose Louis, the persistent timeshare promoter, who keeps asking me when we are going to swim with the dolphins. Hasta luego - Senor rooster crowing in the morning. pelicans perching on posts, fisherman cleaning their nets, ceviche and moonlight at Velaquez, and prayer by my quiet inlet. When I am in Missouri snuggled in a blanket I will close my eyes and dream of yellow and green plank board houses, and bright turquoise doors. If you drive by my house in Springfield and I have painted it bright pink you will know what has happened. Yo te amo Mexico!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping updates on your trip and the progress. Neat to live across the Pacific and still get to see what goes on in the lives of friends. Blessings. DK.

    ReplyDelete