Magi Azul - Caribe Beach House


Enjoy my family's adventure living on a Caribbean island as they build a boutique vacation beach house. Get a peek at island living and join me in some mischievous musings!


Thursday, August 4, 2011

Marooned in Missouri

In case you are wondering why I have not had many posts lately. I am marooned on the mainland of Springfield, Missouri and have been here for 5 longggg months. Somebody rescue me please! My inspiration meter has been on zero, and I know it sounds ridiculous, but I need to go back to Mexico and get away from this heat! Today I heard somewhere it was 110 degrees here. Walking across the Sam's parking lot was like walking across a bed of hot coals. On the other hand, my homepage said it was 89 in Cancun, but felt like 83. Now that really makes me sick - homesick that is! My only consolation is that we will soon be returning.


I am ready for ceviche, guacamole and tacos arrechera! I am ready to grab my fins and snorkel out into the blue Caribbean in my own backyard. I am ready for moonlight swims in the pool gazing up at the stars floating like a thousand diamonds above me. I am ready to greet mi hermanos with a besos (kiss) and a big "Dios te bendigo (God bless you.)" I even look forward to cranking up my old golf cart that is sometimes a pain to get going. My exile will soon be over, and I will return to island living. I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment