Magi Azul - Caribe Beach House


Enjoy my family's adventure living on a Caribbean island as they build a boutique vacation beach house. Get a peek at island living and join me in some mischievous musings!


Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mexico - The Adventure Begins!

Well we are finally here. Our first week has been spent buying supplies and setting up house or I should say setting up our room. We found a modest hotel to stay in for 2 months with 2 double beds, a microwave, a sink, a mini frig and last but not least - a coffee pot. I came prepared with the necessities of life my Bible and Gevalia coffee along with my coffee grinder. The workers have begun excavating our site but our progress has been stalled by an engineering study. They are trying to make sure the foundation is securely anchored to rock. I attended a women's retreat for three days in Playa de Carmen called Maiden Warrior that was wonderful. God touched many lives (mine included) and I made many new friends. To find out more and see photos check out my Facebook and join my Maiden Warrior Group. Sophia has been enjoying the beach everyday. It is sooooo blazing hot that we wait till 4 or 5 to go out. She snorkeled for the first time yesterday in the ocean and was a little pro at it. She met a new friend at church named Sarah that is her age and has a Chihuahua too. She lives in Cancun, but has promised to come see Sophia on the island. Stan has been reading, praying, and watching stocks, as well as, taking care of his 2 girls. Well we are loving life here on the island and are beginning our Spanish studies. I am determined to become fluent. We spent time yesterday at the lot taking photos and looking for shells. Check out my photos and let me know what you think. I love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment